Over Thanksgiving break, most of us will probably find ourselves sleeping in, stuffing our and spending time with family and friends. Although those are things each student loves to do, they can become old and boring very quickly. What can you do to break out of the Thanksgiving dullness?
- As we all know, Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks, but why not give back to others this break? Help out in your community by volunteering. Go to local nursing homes, soup kitchens, or similar places and give back. Help decorate for the holidays, or
- Not only can you help out in your local community; you can help out the people who have been affected by Super Storm Sandy. This Thanksgiving will not be the same for many because of the devastation cause by the storm, but by helping these families out they will know many people are thinking and caring about them through this difficult time. You can collect canned foods, donate clothing, or any essentials these families may need.
- Get together with friends and just have fun. Have a night out with your closest friends, play a game of flag football in the park, bake together, and pamper yourselves, sit in and watch a night of football. Look on websites such as Pinterest to get fun, crafty ideas you and your friends can do together on a girls night in.
- Prepare for Black Friday. Get to clipping those coupons ladies and gentlemen! Look through different flyers for the best prices. Set up a game plan for Friday to attack the best prices and deals.
- Although many students already do this, spend time with your family. Do fun activities together, go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, or a local town parade. Spending time with your family is very important. Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks and there’s no better way than to spend it with family.