The time has come for the moment we’ve all been waiting for: Universal Studios is opening a Willy Wonka-style chocolate factory restaurant called, “The Toothsome Chocolate Factory,” located at Universal CityWalk.
According to Universal Orlando’s blog, the staff will be dressed in a Steampunk fashion. Also, you will be able to watch some of the creations in the making. There will be a retail shop where you can purchase your own treats for home.
There will be new twists on the meals such as steak, seafood and burgers, but the show-stopper is the desserts. They look absolutely delicious; you will drool just looking at the pictures. The restaurant will have many new milkshakes including:
- Chocolate x5: An explosion of chocolate with chocolate spirals, chunks, ice-cream and whipped cream.
- Bacon Brittle: A fun twist on a breakfast favorite with bacon ice cream, bacon brittle, chocolate covered bacon and bacon caramel.
- Espresso Buzzzz: A coffee lover’s dream with coffee ice-cream and chocolate covered beans.
- Red Velvet: A milkshake topped with a Red Velvet cupcake… enough said.
- Key Lime Pie: We’ve taken this classic Florida dessert and turned it into a delicious shake. You’ll even get a slice of pie on top!
This fantastic new restaurant is more inspired by the 2005 film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which stars Johnny Depp, rather than by the 1971 classic Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
Although it’s not the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory world some people (including myself) were hoping for, the restaurant seems like an awesome exception. It will be opening later this year, so start planning your trip now!