It’s getting ever so closer to that infamous weekend here in Bloomsburg. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then you might live under a rock.
In the shadow of things to come, the Town/Gown Relations Committee announced their Block Party weekend campus parking lot and residence hall visitation restrictions. Here are some of the main points along with new “initiatives” of the press release:
- Parking Restrictions – Bloomsburg University will temporarily close the Lightstreet Road Parking Lot and the ATM Parking Lot to all vehicles and temporarily restrict access to the First Street (Green) Parking Lot to permit-holders only from 12:00 p.m. Friday, April 21, 2017, through 12:00 p.m. Sunday, April 23, 2017.”
- Residence Hall Visitation Restrictions – Bloomsburg University will temporarily restrict overnight guests in the residence halls to one visitor per student for the evenings of Friday, April 21, Saturday, April 22, and Sunday, April 23, 2017. A professional security company firm will assist in managing guest registrations and enhance front door security.
- The town of Bloomsburg as well as the University do not endorse Block Party
- All parking regulations will be strictly enforced throughout the weekend (not that they already aren’t)
- There will be a “zero tolerance” policy for all violations during Block Party weekend. Parents and University officials will be notified of any violations.
- A permit for “social gatherings” of 150 or more people is required
- Control who you permit at your house throughout the day. Hosts are responsible for what transpires on their property and risk fines as well as other violations.
For more information pertaining to all things Block Party, stay tuned to BUnow.