Adding a video to your article won’t make it automatically show up in the video bar, you have to do a bit more.
1. First, follow the directions to access your account. These directions can be found under the BU Now Help Tab.
2. Next, click on the “Site Admin” tab on the right-hand side of the home page, right near the log-in button.
3. Now you’re at the Dashboard. Look for the “Posts” tab on the left-hand side, near the top. You should see the options “Edit,” “Add New,” “Tags,” and “Categories” underneath. If you do not, click on the triangle beside “Posts” and they should appear. Now click on “Add New.”
4. Follow the directions under “Upload Video” to learn how to get a Vimeo account, and how to upload to the post.
5. To add a video to the video bar, copy the same embed code you used to add your video into the article. Now, down by the Excerpt option, you’ll see one that says Custom Fields. Open it, and for the key, enter videobar (case-sensitive). In the value box, paste embed code, then click “Add Custom Field.” The video will show up once the article has been published.
6. After you’re finished, save the article and click “Submit for Review.” One of our editors will look over the article and check mostly for spelling and grammar corrections. Once your article is published, it will appear live on the home page as one of the newest stories…maybe even as a headline story. Keep checking!