Super Bowl XLV was named the most watched television show ever with over 111 million views on Sunday, Feb. 6. Many people watch the Super Bowl for the great commercials that are broadcast during the game. This year did not disappoint as many great commercials were shown. Viewers were given a wide variety of commercials that made Super Bowl Sunday that much better. Now let’s take a look at the top 5 commercials.
5. At #5 on our list is the Best Buy commercial featuring their new buy back program. In the ad Ozzy Osbourne and Justin Bieber were featured. Many got a good laugh out of this one, but definitely not at the top of our list.
4. Audi’s “Release the Hounds” commercial was a well thought out idea for Audi. Chrysler and Volkswagen also had advertisements but this one provided an interesting look at the new Audi 8.
3. Pepsi Max had one of the ads that many could not stop laughing at. Pepsi is the only beverage company to make the list.
2. Although a tough decision, in the #2 spot comes the “Imported from Detroit” commercial from Chrysler. This ad featured Eminem and added a true meaning to Motor City, Detroit, USA.
1. At the top spot on the list comes the ever-so-popular Doritos commercial. Doritos is famous for coming up with unforgettable commercials and this year they topped the list. “The Best Part” was by far one of the best commercials on Super Bowl Sunday.
Some may say that this year’s commercials did not compete with previous years, but overall there were many laughs. For Super Bowl XLV commercial ads cost an astounding $3,000,000; yes, that is three million for 30 seconds of broadcasting. WOW! We can only wait and see what the commercials for next year are like and how much companies could be dishing out in order for a prime time spot for viewers to see their ads.