If you’re like one of the millions of people who were glued to their TV’s watching the Super Bowl, you probably wanted to watch the game as well as the commercials. This year there were some hits and some misses but there were commercials none the less. Here are some of the best commercials that came with the game:
- Movies: There were a number of commercials for upcoming films that got audiences excited for their release. Films like Deadpool, Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, and The Jungle Book just to name a few, were given TV spots during the big game.
- Doritos: The famed chip company had a controversial ad that aired on Sunday. A woman was getting an ultrasound with her husband next to her, eating Doritos. The husband taunts his unborn baby with the chips and you may know how it goes from there if you saw the ad. Many abortion activists are up in arms about the ad. Others found the ad to be humorous. Check it out here.
- T-Mobile: Steve Harvey redeemed himself after his Miss Universe blunder in a T-Mobile commercial. Harvey calls out Verizon for getting the numbers wrong on cell phone coverage statistics. You can watch the ad here.
- Mountain Dew: Perhaps the weirdest commercial of the game came from this soda brand. A hybrid creature made of the head of a dog, body of a monkey, and legs of a baby made its debut. The “puppymonkeybaby” was used to advertise Mountain Dew’s KickStart drink which combines “three great things.”
- T-Mobile again: The phone company used the talent of Drake the rapper for an ad in which they alter the lyrics to his hit song, “Hotline Bling.” Check it out here.
The commercials above were just some of the hits and misses of Super Bowl 50. To see more, check out http://superbowlcommercials.tv/