BUnow News


On Campus

Furnace explodes in Student Services

According to Bloomsburg University police, the explosion heard in the Student Services Center was caused by a faulty furnace in the building.  There were none injured in the event.

The force of the explosion was enough to blow the door of the furnace off of its hinges according to several bystanders.

“No lights or sirens went off on the second floor while I was teaching,” said an English Sign Language instructor. “If it wasn’t for someone coming in to tell me what happened, I wouldn’t have known the furnace exploded.”

University Police and local fire fighters quickly responded to the event and cut off all foot traffic near the building for about a half-hour.