December is approaching fast and fall graduates here at Bloomsburg University are feeling the pressures of the real world.
BU’s fall graduation ceremony is set for Dec. 15 in Mitrani hall located in the Hass Center of the Arts. The ceremonies for the College of Liberal Arts and the College of Education will take place at 10 a.m. while the College of Science and Technology and the College of Business will take place at 2:30 p.m.
Grad Finale will be taking place on Thursday, Nov. 15 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Kehr Union Multipurpose rooms A & B where students will:
- Verify graduation approval
- Obtain a name card for attendance at their graduation ceremony
- Purchase a cap, gown and tassel for 25 dollars
- Receive an academic cord if a 3.5 GPA or higher was attained during the prior semester.
- Have a yearbook picture taken
- Purchase graduation announcements
- Speak with a Career Development representative
- Sign up for alumni email
- Check out BU’s masters degree programs
Graduating seniors are encouraged to attend to receive all information about the upcoming graduation ceremonies. Seniors must show their school I.D.
The General schedule for the day of graduation is as follows:
10 a.m. Fall Ceremony
Colleges of Education and Liberal Arts
- 9:00 a.m. Mitrani Hall will open for general seating
- 9:00 a.m. Graduates begin to line-up in Haas Center in Room 116 and the upstairs back hallway
- 9:45 a.m. ALL seats available for guests (any seats being saved at this time must be relinquished)
- 10:00 a.m. Platform party, faculty, graduates process
- 10:15* a.m. Late seating for graduates and guests
- 12:00 p.m. Approximate end of ceremony
2:30 p.m. Fall Ceremony
Colleges of Business and Science and Technology
- 1:30 p.m. Mitrani Hall will open for general seating
- 2:00 p.m. Graduates begin to line-up in Haas Center in Room 116 and upstairs back hallway
- 2:15 p.m. ALL seats available for guests (any seats being saved at this time must be relinquished)
- 2:30 p.m. Platform party, faculty, graduates process
- 2:45* p.m. Late seating for graduates and guests
- 4:30 p.m. Approximate end of ceremony
Late arrivals, both graduates and guests, will be allowed to enter the Academic Quad at this time. Guests please allow sufficient time to park on upper-and lower-campus and find seating. Graduates must allow time for parking and to assemble to process.
Guests are encouraged to arrive with a sufficient amount of time for parking. Parking will be available throughout campus. However, limited parking will be reserved for all people with disabilities outside of Mitrani Hall. Seating for guests is based off a first-come first-serve basis and may be obtained as early as an hour before either of the ceremonies.
For more information regarding graduation or general information for before or after graduation please visit http://bloomu.edu/graduation