Week six matchups (byes: Falcons and Dolphins)
Chicago Bears 27 vs. New York Giants 21 (TNF on NFL Network)
- Jay Cutler completed 24 of 36 passes for 262-yards and two touchdowns, both of them to Brandon Marshall. Chicago’s defense intercepted Eli Manning three times; two of those interceptions came courtesy of cornerback Tim Jennings. Jennings returned one interception for a 48-yard touchdown and made the other interception with 1:54 remaining to preserve the win.
Cincinnati Bengals 27 @ Buffalo Bills 24 (OT)
- Andy Dalton completed 26 of 40 passes for 337-yards and three touchdowns with one of them going to A.J. Green, who made six catches for 103-yards. Buffalo came back in the fourth quarter as Thaddeus Lewis threw two touchdown passes to tie the game at 24 and send it into overtime. Mike Nugent kicked a 43 yard field goal which won the game for Cincinnati.
Detroit Lions 31 @ Cleveland Browns 17
- Matthew Stafford completed 25 of 43 passes for 248-yards and four touchdown passes, including three to tight end Joseph Fauria as the Lions scored 24 unanswered points in the second half to defeat the Browns.
Kansas City Chiefs 24 vs. Oakland Raiders 7
- After trailing 7-0 following a Terrelle Pryor touchdown pass to Denarius Moore in the first quarter, the Chiefs responded with 24 unanswered points to put Oakland away. Running back Jamaal Charles scored two touchdowns and safety Husain Abdullah returned an interception for a 44-yard touchdown.
Carolina Panthers 35 @ Minnesota Vikings 10
- Cam Newton had a field day against Minnesota’s defense by completing 20 of 26 passes for 242-yards and three touchdown passes while adding a rushing touchdown. Wide receiver Brandon LaFell caught four passes for 103-yards while scoring a 79-yard touchdown.
Pittsburgh Steelers 19 @ New York Jets 6
- Ben Roethlisberger completed 23 of 30 passes for 264-yards and a 55 touchdown pass to wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. Kicker Shaun Suisham added four field goals and the Steelers defense held New York to a pair of field goals to get their first win of the season.
Philadelphia Eagles 31 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20
- Nick Foles completed 22 of 31 passes for 296-yards and three touchdown passes while scoring a rushing touchdown. Wide receiver Riley Cooper caught four passes for 120-yards and a 47-yard touchdown reception while DeSean Jackson made six catches for two touchdowns. LeSean McCoy carried the ball 25 times for 116-yards and added two catches for an additional 55-yards as Philadelphia’s offense was in high gear for the entire game.
Green Bay Packers 19 @ Baltimore Ravens 17
- Aaron Rodgers completed 17 of 32 passes for 315-yards and a 64-yard touchdown pass to Jordy Nelson, who made four catches for 113-yards. Running back Eddie Lacy rushed for 120-yards on 23 carries while Mason Crosby added five field goals. Linebacker A.J. Hawk also added three sacks, but the Ravens came back to close the gap in the fourth quarter. Joe Flacco completed 20 of 34 passes for 342-yards and a pair of touchdown passes, but Green Bay ran out the clock in the closing minutes to hang on.
St. Louis Rams 38 @ Houston Texans 13
- Sam Bradford completed 12 of 16 passes for 117-yards and three touchdown passes. Although Houston outgained St. Louis 420-216, the Rams defense recorded five sacks and forced four turnovers while holding the Texans without a touchdown until late in the fourth quarter.
Denver Broncos 35 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars 19
- Peyton Manning completed 28 of 42 passes for 295-yards and a pair of touchdowns while Knowshon Moreno added three of his own. Jacksonville hung with the Broncos for most of the game as Chad Henne completed 27 passes for over 300-yards while Justin Blackmon made 14 catches for 190-yards. Linebacker Paul Posluszny also intercepted a pass and returned it for a 59-yard touchdown, but Denver managed to pull away from the Jaguars in the second half.
Seattle Seahawks 20 vs. Tennessee Titans 13
- Russell Wilson completed 23 of 31 passes for 257-yards and Marshawn Lynch scored two touchdowns. Seattle’s defense kept the Titans out of the end zone, holding them to only two field goals. The only Tennessee touchdown came at the end of the half when Jason McCourty scooped up a Sidney Rice fumble and returned it for a 77-yard touchdown.
San Francisco 49ers 32 vs. Arizona Cardinals 20
- Colin Kaepernick completed 16 of 29 passes for 252-yards and a pair of scoring passes to tight end Vernon Davis, who made eight catches for 180 yards. Frank Gore even added 101-yards on 25 carries and the 49ers defense sacked Carson Palmer in the end zone for a safety. Palmer completed 25 of 41 passes for 298-yards and two touchdowns, including a 75 yarder to Larry Fitzgerald, who made six catches for 117-yards, but he still threw two interceptions.
New England Patriots 30 vs. New Orleans Saints 27
- Tom Brady completed 25 of 43 passes for 269-yards and the game winning touchdown pass to Kenbrell Thompkins with five seconds remaining. Stevan Ridley ran for 96-yards on 20 carries while scoring twice. Without the injured Jimmy Graham, Drew Brees completed 17 of 36 passes for 236-yards and a pair of touchdown passes
Dallas Cowboys 31 vs. Washington 16 (SNF on NBC)
- Washington outgained the Cowboys 433-213, but Dallas made all the big plays to win. On offense, DeMarco Murray ran for a touchdown and Tony Romo threw a touchdown pass to Terrance Williams. The most electrifying play came on an 86-yard punt return for a touchdown by Dwayne Harris in the second quarter which helped break the Redskins backs.
San Diego Chargers 19 vs. Indianapolis Colts 9 (MNF on ESPN)
- Philip Rivers completed 22 of 33 passes for 237-yards and a touchdown pass to wide receiver Keenan Allen, who caught nine passes for 107-yards. Ryan Mathews also rushed for 102-yards on 22 carries and kicker Nick Novak added four field goals. The Chargers defense held Indianapolis to three field goals throughout the game.
Week seven matchups (byes: Raiders and Saints)
Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals (TNF on NFL Network)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Atlanta Falcons
Cincinnati Bengals @ Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears @ Washington Redskins
St. Louis Rams @ Carolina Panthers
San Diego Chargers @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots @ New York Jets
Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers @ Tennessee Titans
Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns @ Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs
Denver Broncos @ Indianapolis Colts (SNF on NBC)
Minnesota Vikings @ New York Giants (MNF on ESPN)