It’s not over for Ozzy Osbourne

Early last week, a press release indicated Ozzy Osbourne’s 2020 North American tour was officially called off amidst health concerns.

While many took the news to mean the tour was canceled, the Prince of Darkness soon informed his fans the tour isn’t off the table. In fact, it’s been postponed.

“I cannot go out on the road, until I’m 100 percent confident that I can pull it off,” Osbourne shared in an exclusive talk with RADIO.COM.

Ozzy Osbourne recently became public about his struggles with Parkinson’s disease, which he has known about since 2003. Credit: Kevin Winter, Getty Images

The decision to postpone “NO MORE TOURS 2” stems from the “various health issues he has faced over the past year,” which include his recently-public Parkinson’s disease, a fall he suffered last February and various nerve surgeries that may be related to Parkinson’s.

“I’m so thankful that everyone has been patient because I’ve had a sh-t year,” he said

Osbourne is determined to give the fans what they want when he is ready.

“I don’t want to start a tour and then cancel shows at the last minute, as it’s just not fair to the fans,” stated Osbourne in the press release.

He will start treatment overseas in Switzerland in April for approximately six to eight weeks.

Refunds are available at point of purchase, and “NO MORE TOURS 2” ticketholders will have the first pick at tickets for the next tour when it is announced. Updates about future tour dates can be found on OZZY.COM.

Credit: Sharon Osbourne via Exclaim!

Times might be tough for Osbourne, but he continues to fight.

“The recovery has been so goddamn slow. I’ve never been this laid up in my life and, believe me, I’ve done some stupid things. I’ve recovered from alcoholism, drug addiction, all of the above. Then I tripped over [and fell at home in Los Angeles], and that’s it,” he told The Sun.

 Through it all, music remains integral to his life. Osbourne released his 12th studio album, “Ordinary Man” on Friday, following the tour postponement announcement that Monday.

Osbourne told The Sun:

“The album has saved my life. Before I started work, I was just lying there thinking, ‘Poor old me’. The album got me out of bed. Some days I’d do an hour or two, other days four or five. It was the best medicine I could have because it stopped me thinking about how I might end up a cripple.”

“Ordinary Man” is Osbourne’s first album in 10 years—the longest gap between albums in his career. With tracks featuring Elton John, Post Malone and Travis Scott, the wait was well worth it.

The album can be streamed online across all major platforms, or purchased on his site, along with various merchandise.

“Ordinary Man” title track featuring Elton John.

Osbourne even hinted at working on a 13th album since he will not be on tour this year, according to MetalCastle.

“I’m hoping that next month I’ll go and do another album with Andrew [Watt, “Ordinary Man” producer],” Osbourne said. “I might as well while I’m not doing gigs.”

Clearly, it isn’t over for Ozzy Osbourne. He is no ordinary man.

Comments

comments