By default, WordPress will automatically make a very short summary of your article and use that on the home page, then people have to click Read More to view the full article. Normally, this excerpt is very short.
1. First, follow the directions to access your account. These directions can be found under the BU Now Help Tab.
2. Next, click on the “Site Admin” tab on the right-hand side of the home page, right near the log-in button.
3. Now you’re at the Dashboard. Look for the “Posts” tab on the left-hand side, near the top. You should see the options “Edit,” “Add New,” “Tags,” and “Categories” underneath. If you do not, click on the triangle beside “Posts” and they should appear. Now click on “Add New.”
4. In the center of the screen, you should see an empty box for the content you want to post. Write your article there. Please see directions under “Writing Article,” found under “BU Now Help.”
5. Down toward the bottom, under Advanced Options, there is a box that says Excerpt. In there you can summarize the article your own way and it will override the automatic WordPress summarizer, making it easier for people to get an idea of what your article is about. Keep it to just a sentence or two.
6. After you’re finished, save the article and click “Submit for Review.” One of our editors will look over the article and check mostly for spelling and grammar corrections. Once your article is published, it will appear live on the home page as one of the newest stories…maybe even as a headline story. Keep checking!