“Friends,” a popular television show in the 1990s and early 2000s, has become one of the most popular shows of all time. The series premiered on NBC on Sept. 22, 1994 and recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.
The series became a cultural phenomenon and even had showings of fan-favorite episodes in movie theaters across the United States to celebrate the 25 years since its premiere.
In honor of the show being around this long, here are the top 25 episodes:
25. “The One Where They All Turn Thirty” (Season 7, Episode 14)
Rachel’s feelings in this episode are definitely relatable. I mean, who wants to grow older?
24. “The One with All the Resolutions” (Season 5, Episode 11)
Watching Ross’ main struggle during this episode made me never want to wear leather again.
23. “The One with the Fake Monica” (Season 1, Episode 21)
We should all aspire to live a life as carefree as fake Monica.
22. “The One with the Apothecary Table” (Season 6, Episode 11)
Pottery Barn or flea market? You decide.
21. “The One Where Ross Finds Out” (Season 2, Episode 7)
This episode provides a huge development in Ross and Rachel’s relationship, even though she tells him how she feels at the most inconvenient time. Sometimes, we all just need to watch a good Ross and Rachel episode.
20. “The One with Unagi” (Season 6, Episode 17)
While Ross is pretty annoying during this episode, Rachel and Phoebe get him back in the best way possible. His advice is pretty helpful though; after watching this episode, I’m prepared for any danger that could come my way.
19. “The One with the Blackout” (Season 1, Episode 7)
In the words of Chandler, this episode is “perfection.”
18. “The One with the Lottery” (Season 9, Episode 18)
I can’t blame the gang here for their actions, since my friends and I would probably do the same if we were playing for that much money.
17. “The One with All the Kissing” (Season 5, Episode 2)
This may be the most extreme measure Chandler took to hide his relationship with Monica, but it was also the funniest.
16. “The One with All the Cheesecakes” (Season 7, Episode 11)
Friends and cheesecake, what’s not to love about this episode?
15. “The One with the Holiday Armadillo” (Season 7, Episode 10)
Watching Ross want to teach his son about Hanukkah is sweet, but his holiday armadillo costume is what makes this episode truly hilarious.
14. “The One with the Flashback” (Season 3, Episode 6)
Flashback episodes of the gang are the best episodes there are.
13. “The One with Five Steaks and an Eggplant” (Season 2, Episode 5)
This is one of those episodes that doesn’t have something that makes it brilliant, and there really is no reason why I love it so much. I just do.
12. “The One with Chandler in a Box” (Season 4, Episode 8)
To be fair, this was a pretty appropriate punishment given what Chandler did to Joey, and it made for good television. Seems like a win-win situation to me.
11. “The One with the Chick and the Duck” (Season 3, Episode 21)
The chick and the duck were one of the best parts of this series, so of course their arrival had to be included on this list.
10. “The One with the Proposal: Parts 1 and 2” (Season 6, Episodes 24 and 25)
The stress of whether or not Chandler and Monica’s relationship will survive the turmoil it encounters in this two-part episode makes their engagement that much sweeter.
9. “The One with the Rumor” (Season 8, Episode 9)
How can we forget about the “I Hate Rachel Green Club?” This is just one of the many wonderful Thanksgiving episodes “Friends” produced.
8. “The One the Morning After” (Season 3, Episode 16)
The major fight between Ross and Rachel sure is upsetting to watch, but watching the other four trapped in Monica’s bedroom makes this episode enjoyable.
7. “The One with the Prom Video” (Season 2, Episode 14)
Seeing flashbacks of the group is always fun, but seeing Ross and Rachel finally commit to a relationship with each other was long overdue.
6. “The One with the Jellyfish” (Season 4, Episode 1)
I’m convinced the group takes part in even crazier antics while on a trip, but it makes those particular episodes that much more entertaining, and this is the best of those.
5. “The One Where Everybody Finds Out” (Season 5, Episode 14)
Chandler and Monica’s relationship is one of the best things about “Friends,” so once the entire gang is in the know about it and the two can be open with their relationship, the show becomes that much better.
4. “The Last One: Parts 1 and 2” (Season 10, Episodes 17 and 18)
The last episode of this beloved show had to make it onto this list. While it is sad to see the members of the group part ways, knowing everyone is happy makes it that much better.
3. “The One Where Ross Got High” (Season 6, Episode 9)
One of the many amazing Thanksgiving episodes “Friends” has gifted us, this one provides possibly one of the most iconic scenes in television history. All siblings can relate to Ross and Monica trying to one-up each other while tattling to their parents.
2. “The One Where No One’s Ready” (Season 3, Episode 2)
All viewers can feel Ross’ stress in this episode where everybody is pushing off getting ready for his big event, but the antics of the group procrastinating are just so good.
1. “The One with the Embryos” (Season 4, Episode 12)
I think most can agree that this is the best “Friends” episode there is. The test between the guys and girls gave us some of the best lines from the show, and the excitement of Phoebe becoming a surrogate mother for her brother’s baby makes this episode unmatched.