BU to hold student remembrance service tonight, April 19
BLOOMSBURG, Pa. — Bloomsburg University will hold a remembrance service for five students who have passed away between January 2020 and January 2021. Beginning at 5:30 p.m., the memorial event is open to any member of the BU community, as well as loved ones of the students. Those wishing to attend can participate in person in the Kehr Union Ballroom or virtually on Zoom.
The five students who are being remembered are:
– Sean Lenahan, a senior mass communications major from Lititz, Pa. He served as president of BU’s chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America and he worked in the Rec Center.
– Jacob Busch, a criminal justice major from Wyoming, Pa., who had just finished his freshman year at Bloomsburg before his passing.
– Marlena DiRenzo, a junior criminal justice major from Pottsville, Pa. She was a member of the Tri-Alpha Honor Society.
– Connor Claggett, a senior from Huntingdon Valley, Pa. He was majoring in business administration and management.
– Tyler Horst, a senior criminal justice major and football player from Schaefferstown, Pa.
The service will include invocation, a moment of silence, words of remembrance, a poem and prayer, music and benediction.
Dan Smith, Marlena DiRenzo’s boyfriend, says “I would love for those who love Marlena, or any of these young individuals, to attend. I miss her everyday and I’m happy to see the school doing something to remember the lives we lost this year.”
The link to attend via Zoom is bloomu.zoom.us/j/97465257389. If joining by meeting code, use 974 6525 7389.
Kehr Union Ballroom is located on the fourth floor of the Kehr Union Building.