Day 8 – Just Dance 4
Some of the best moments I’ve had in the past semester have been playing Just Dance 4 with my roommates and friends.
This game looks like one big dream that makes absolutely no sense. There are dancing animals in India and women dancing in a giant cocktail. The backgrounds of the songs are well, but oddly, animated and sometimes hilarious. Some guy in a suit must have a great sense of humor to approve some of the crazy levels in this game.
The song choices for this generation of Just Dance are the best by far. New songs like “Beauty and the Beat” By Justin Beiber and Nicki Minaj and “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5 have made it to the list as well as some old favorites like “Livin’ La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin and “Time Warp,” widely recognized from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Classic songs make dancing with friends a laugh and a great way to socialize.
There are songs being made for Just Dance 4that players can purchase to add on to the game like the newest creation, the hit Korean Pop song, “Gangnam Style” by PSY.
A favorite dance of mine would be “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction. The dance includes four players as different members of the band dancing just like a boy band. At one point, players put their hands on each others shoulders and rock out in synchronization. Solos in the song, much like others, give the dance some more sparkle and each player time to shine – or fall flat on their face like I do.
Other songs include:
- Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj: “Beauty and a Beat”
- Carly Rae Jepsen: “Call Me Maybe”
- Rihanna: “Disturbia”
- Flo Rida: “Good Feeling”
- They Might Be Giants: “Istanbul”
- Elvis Presley: “Jailhouse Rock”
- Ricky Martin: “Livin’ la Vida Loca”
- Selena Gomez and the Scene: “Love You Like A Love Song”
- Maroon 5: “Moves Like Jagger”
- Alexandra Stan: “Mr. Saxobeat”
- Rick Astley: “Never Gonna Give You Up”
- Jennifer Lopez: “On The Floor”
- The B-52’s: “Rock Lobster”
- Skrillex: “Rock N’Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain)”
- P!nk: “So What”
- Nicki Minaj: “Super Bass”
- Stevie Wonder: “Superstition”
- Europe: “The Final Countdown”
- Halloween Thrills: “Time Warp”
- 2 Unlimited:”Tribal Dance”
- Hit The Electro Beat: “We No Speak Americano”
- One Direction: “What Makes You Beautiful”
- Will Smith: “Wild Wild West”
A full list can be seen at http://www.computerandvideogames.com/363383/just-dance-4-full-track-list-revealed/.
The goofy dances create a friendly atmosphere that gets everybody up and having fun at a party or family get together. The moves are well choreographed and fun to imitate. Gamers can play by themselves or with three other people in the room. All members of the family and friends can get involved and have fun with this game, maybe with the exception of Grandma. She should probably sit this one out.
Keep checking back for more of the 12 Days of Video Games. Still stumped for game ideas to spend your holiday cash on? Check out some of the other days: