Here’s to some of the most important people in my life, my best friends; you don’t hear these things quite enough. But here it is, thank you. I love you, each and every one of you, simply because you’re the best. When I sit down and think about it, it’s incredible how much you’ve done for me throughout our friendship, whether it’s been a few months or 10 years. Here’s to you best friend(s).
Dear Best Friend(s)-
- First off, thank you for being you. You’re unique and perfect to me in your own individual ways.
- Thank you for being there to listen, regardless of how pointless all of my stories or rants are. Thank you for listening to my daily rants about how much I hate men and for reminding me that I’m too good for them and deserve better.
- Thanks for making my closet expand enormously with all of the clothes and shoes you let me borrow. You’re a lifesaver whenever all of my clothing looks horrendous on me; somehow your clothing fixes that problem.
- Thank you for being my wingman. You somehow always know exactly what to do whenever there are men around. If they’re gorgeous and I’m totally feeling their vibe, you know to let me do my thing. Or, if they’re stage twelve creepers you always come in handy when I need someone to go to the bathroom with.
- Shout out to your parents for being like my parents and to you for being like my parents’ additional daughter. Nothing’s better than feeling like a part of someone else’s family.
- Thank you for being straight up with me; making sure I keep my head on straight and telling me when I’m being absolutely ridiculous. Without you, who knows what idiotic decisions I would have made on my own.
- Thanks for not judging me when I open up a bottle of wine or crack open a beer on a Monday night. You understand that it’s necessary some days.
- Thank you for being my much needed motivation when it seems impossible to get out of bed. Sometimes the drastic “If you don’t get out of bed you’re going to fail out of school and die” motivation is entirely needed.
- Thanks for always reminding guys that if they break my heart you’ll break their face because we both know it would really happen.
- Thanks for always being up to order some take out or to eat a whole roll of cookie dough with me. Eating your feelings away always feels better with someone else.
- Thanks for making distance between us seem irrelevant. Whether we’re a room away or a couple hundred miles apart, I know I can count on you for anything.